Mt Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, WA
Top 5 things that stood out even more than our delish beers and frozen fingers at the top:
- Times we had to turn around despite using Google Maps on the 2 hour drive there: 3, at least 2/3 of the drive is windy (but beautiful) trailhead road.
- Number of Haley/Hailles: 2 and wow it was never not confusing.
- Number of innocent, struggling hikers who got false hope from Haille's estimated time to the top and her overall happy demeanor: 9
- Falls: just one! On the way up, not a single person thought we would make it out without falling but we ran down that mountain (at times, literally ran)
- Views of the great beaut, the woman we all went for, the wondrous Rainier herself? ZERO. None. Zip. On a clear day, our jaws would be dragging on the trail... but it was not clear at all. Still a wonderful adventure and a whimsical flora-filled trail.
To hear other people rave about their experiences seeing Rainier (and all the other helpful details), check out the WTA page.
(Lexi would not go on the hike without a feature here, so check out the gal in the hat. And Cari and Haille who also graced us with their presence!!!)